Saturday, February 4, 2012

TWIS #8

This Week In Science we learned the safety on how to use the scalpel when we start to dissect. Also This Week In Science we did a Dissection of a Craw fish or a Grasshopper. So me and my partner Mayra chose the crawfish which we had to dissect.But it was kind of gross but my partner and I got through it. I also learned what a Dorsel view is which is like a Top view from its back. A Ventral view is a view that you can see from its stomach which is also known as abdomen.

What I Learned.
When my partner Mayra dissected the crawfish I learned that its feature of its body has five legs on each side which it uses to walk around. And I also learned that the yellow stuff that was inside of the crawfish is the liver. When I found out that the yellow stuff that was inside the crawfish was its food that it digested. Crawfishes live in a enviroment that has to deal with water like lakes, rivers, etc..  Also I learned that a crawfish does not have bones.

Ventral View
Dorsel View.

Side View


No comments:

Post a Comment